Pages

Sunday 24 April 2016

Learning About Computers, Sudarshana and Star of David




1. I learnt how to make a word or sentence in MS Word, Italic.
2. I learnt how to make a word or sentence in MS Word look bold.
3. I learnt how to underline a word or sentence in MS Word.
4. I learnt how to insert a picture that is stored in a file folder of my computer into MS Word.
5. I learnt how to use bullets and numbering in MS Word
6. I learnt how to justify a sentence and a paragraph in MS Word.
7. I learnt about the type files doc, docx, jpg, jpeg, and wav by seeing the properties window and also understood why is it used. docx is an extension of MS Word, jpg is an extension of picture files, wav is an extension of sound files.
8. I learnt how to open the 'properties' of a word document as well as a picture and understand the type of file and the extensions such as docx, jpg.
9. I learnt how to use the 'Snipping tool' app (application) in Windows 10 operating system and create a jpg file from MS Word.
10. I learnt how to highlight a word or a sentence with a color, in MS Word.
11. I learnt how to change font color of a word or sentence, in MS Word.
12. I learnt how to use Wikipedia and research about a given topic and create a research report using the formative assessment sheet (MS Word) that my mother gave me.

The topics that I researched today are 'Sudarshana Chakra' and 'Star of David'. I created my research report in MS Word and took a snippet of it and created a jpg file. I made connections and learnt a lot about the Sudarshana Chakra and the symbol of the Jews. The following are my research reports in jpg. I researched and learnt a lot, but I only recorded very few information in my research report since my focus was also developing skills to use MS Word and other computer skills.



Learning to use the Computer is a Joy. Sudarshana Chakra of Maha Vishnu is so powerful and amazing. The star of symbol of Jews resemble the star pattern in the center of Sudarshana Chakra and that surprises me. 
Hari

No comments:

Post a Comment