Pages

Thursday 14 April 2016

The Jungle Book - Movie Review


What I learnt from the movie “Jungle Book” is that I can be myself. The message of the movie is one don’t have to act like somebody else. I agree with this message because if one acts like somebody else, then we cannot know our real character, values, strengths and personality. The best I liked in the movie is the scene when Mogli covered his body with leaves when he was hitting the bee hive for Baloo. He did this to protect himself from the bee stings. I thought Mogli was smart enough to use this idea to avoid bee stings. When Sher Khan killed Mogli’s human father, I felt very sad. That is the scene I did not like. But, that apart, there are lot of fun things I like to share. My favorite character in the movie is Mogli. Because, he is adventurous. Baloo is more like me or I am more like Baloo.

Baloo likes to eat honey and I like honey and sweets. Baloo is a good leader, he inspired Mogli to get what he wants. He gets his work done. Baloo is also very compassionate, he is loving. Though he cannot climb up, he did indeed climb up a high mountain when Mogli was in trouble. I also like Bageera because he takes care of Mogli. The character I didn’t like is Sher Khan, his plan is always to attack Mogli. When I finished watching the movie, I felt excited about how Mogli was smart enough to cover his body with leaves when he hit the honey combs to excape from bee stings.

The most powerful part of the story in the movie was when Mogli ran towards Sher Khan saying that he would fight Sher khan like a wolf. The powerful scene was when Bageera stopped Mogli and told him, “Stop, don’t fight with Sherkhan like a wolf, you are not a wolf”. Mogli was surprised when Bageera told, “Fight like a man” and that was the most powerful scene. If I had a chance to ask a character in this movie a question, I will ask Mogli why was he afraid to return back to man village. If I were to recommend someone to watch this movie, I would recommend my father to watch this movie because he might feel encouraged to watch Mogli fight Sher Khan bravely. My mother already watched this movie along with me. So, instead recommending her to watch the movie, I will ask her to learn a lesson from the movie to understand how cleverly Baloo distracted King Loui and the other monkeys and helped Mogli escape along with Bageera, when he was kidnapped by the monkeys. The lesson I learnt is how Mogli enjoyed playing with the animals of the Jungle though he was a man cub and others were not and how he adapted to living in the jungle. In future, I could be a person who can be more accepting of life and the place where I live and be more fun loving with the other children though I am different from them, just like Mogli. 

No comments:

Post a Comment