Pages

Monday 8 August 2016

How Mathematics Triggered An Idea to Make Edu Products

I started to learn 'I Did It Mathematics - Book 5'. There was a play activity to make flash cards on large numbers, their number names and their expanded forms. The game was for a group of children and when the teacher would tell a number, the students who has the flash card for the number, number names and its expanded form, join together to form a group. And the game continues.

Since I am homeschooling and I didn't have friends around, Amma and myself came up with an idea to make flash cards and play a memory game which we will do later.

In the meanwhile, we integrated technology with our Mathematics lesson. 


We thought we would develop more MS Word Skills. Today, I created flash cards in MS Word. I felt very excited, it was so interesting. I never realized that we can make flash cards in MS Word. Look at the flash cards I made using MS Word. 


The new things that I learnt about MS Word today are 

* how to insert shapes
* if I had copied something already, it remains in the memory and I can paste the same thing as many times as I want unless I copy another thing. How cool is that, Computers are great.
* My first page in MS Word was big, it was showing 100 %. So, I could not use the snipping tool to capture the whole picture from the first page. So, I learnt to reduce the view size so that I can see all that I want to see in one page. 

Working with MS Word is really becoming interesting. Remember, in the past, I was learning to insert Smart Arts in MS Word.

Now, when we were making flash cards, my amma told me to imagine how would it be if I become someone who creates educational products. I felt it is a cool idea. I imagined making such flash cards and selling them. It was thrilling for me to imagine that I would be someone who could make a ton lot of educational products. When my amma asked me what all educational products I could make, I told her, I would make

1. Number Flash Cards
2. Homophone Flash Cards
3. 3 D Puzzles
4. Animation Quiz ( I had already created some Quiz games on Scratch)
5. Song Videos on English, Science, Math
6. Audios of Stories
7. Documentaries on Science
8. Lego project ideas for studies
9. I can write books
10. Mathematics video games

If you would become a maker of educational products, what would you make?  

No comments:

Post a Comment