Pages

Saturday 20 February 2016

A Winter's Day

I was asked to think of a place where I live or a place where I have been and describe a winter's day. But I have not been to any place which will really show a winter's day in a way a real winter's day is supposed to be. So, I imagined a place which will have a winter. I came across Dimapur when I was researching about Bheema and Hidimbi. Here is the link to the story of Bheema and Hidimbi.

So, here is a write up about a winter's day in Dimapur. It is all about my imagination, not real, okay. I really do not know how to knit.

I live in Dimapur, Nagaland. During winter, I usually hear my teeth chatter like a polar bear and like the clacking of knitting needles. I like winters because during that time, I get to knit. Knitting is my favorite recreational activity. I see colours of sweaters like red, blue, green, yellow, orange etc. I also see multicolored quilts made of Kashmiri pashmina in my room. There is a lot of mist rising during morning. What a view and what royal clothes! I am indeed in paradise. I feel the soft woolen cloths that keeps my hands warm. I can also feel the icy wind during the evenings. I smell roadside vendors roasting delicious nuts. I taste a hot and sweet milk just before sleeping at night. I also remember the taste of warm cake from the oven, I had in the afternoon, and the hot chapatis with home made butter for dinner. What a feast! how wonderful winter is! 

Now, I will share about my REAL trip on the road during a winter season. A photo essay.

That time, I was travelling to SriRangam. It was January early morning and we were driving in our car. My father had to stop the car. Huge mist clung in the air, obscuring my father's vision to drive the car. 


We had to take a break. I got down from the car and was feeling like a frozen solid. I had to peer through a lot of grey murk around me.



I had never seen such a fog. It looked like a shield and covered each plant, leaves and branches of the trees and allowed it to morph and change.


I saw beautiful red and pink flowers among the grey murk. 



Some trees were totally invisible to my eyes while others stood out.

Everything around me was so beautiful. It was a wonderful experience.


Enjoy Travelling

No comments:

Post a Comment