Pages

Sunday 19 April 2020

In The Theme Park


When I got my ticket for the fair punched, a wave of excitement went up my heart. As I entered the theme park, I could see so many rides and activities, which made me indecisive about what to engage in first. I could see a roller coaster whizzing on a track with people raising their hands and screaming with thrill. 

The smell of chaat sizzled my nose as I walked past a stall selling it. I was tempted to try something. So, I had a plate of sev puri; I never tasted anything like it before. The sev puri seemed to give me an adrenaline push, so I rushed to the roller coaster. I could hear myself and the other riders in the roller coaster scream to the top of lungs as the wheels on the roller coaster clattered with the tracks. 


Later, exhausted, I drank some sugarcane juice which tasted awesome and helped me regain my pulse. As I noticed around me, everyone was chitchatting and rushing past me, like it happens in the railway station. I felt like I was listening to music as the people chatted along. 

Next, I saw a board which said, 'The Alien Tunnel'. When I went inside, I tried to touch a rock, but my hand went through it, I got frightened. My friendly and humorous guide explained that it was virtual reality. Throughout the trip acorss the tunnel, I felt like I was lost in an entirely different planet outside the solar system. Different rock forms through which hands pass, gosh! 

As I got out from the tunnel, I decided to have my lunch, so I went to the foodcourt. I ordered a bowl of vegetarian fried rice with gobi machurian, cooked ans served joyfully by the chef, who understood my tastes. Finally, I got back home, exhausted. I will never forget this day in the fair, though I participated very little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment