Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2016

A Graph - Tickets Sold For a Play

The temple community ISKCON Coimbatore, that I visit very often sometimes organizes dramas/play. All of these plays are free of cost for all kinds of people to watch. I once watched a play on "Sudama Charitra'. It was a wonderfully played drama. The temple community is constructing a new big temple nearby and they are raising funds for the construction of the new temple.

When I was studying 'Data Handling' in Mathematics, I imagined that we all are organizing a play on "Balarama kills Denukasura" to raise funds for the new temple construction. I even imagined that different group of people in our temple community sold tickets for this play. My amma gave me some imaginary data related  to this and here is a BAR GRAPH I created. 




If you would like to visit ISKCON Coimbatore's website an know more about the new temple construction, please visit this link - ISKCON Coimbatore. Many fun things happen in ISKCON Coimbatore, I learn a lot, we celebrate lots of festivals. I meet a lot of different kind of people. I listen to discourses rendered by our Maharaj. Recently, I learnt the difference between 'jealousy' and 'envy' when I was attending a discourse on Inner Decorum - Stories from Srimad Bhagavata. Jealousy is when we are upset that someone has something that we do not possess. Generally, the jealousy is gone when we also posses that thing. But, envy is a bit different. We are upset that someone has something, we want to have it too. But when we get it, we are not satisfied. We do not want the other person to have it and we alone want to possess it, this is envy. Duryodhana was very envious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment